Thursday, August 14, 2008

Murg Mushroom Kali Mirch

I have enjoyed cooking but what has made the cooking more special is my husband. He has always encouraged me to try something new, infact when we had got married trying new dishes that came in the Gulf News' Friday Magazine was something we enjoyed together very much. So this site is dedicated to my loving husband and my best friend - Rajesh.

Now, about this dish, it is something I recently created, I actually wanted to make a good mushroom recipe and one with pepper in the end my husband and did so much of digging for the perfect recipe to make that we decided to make chicken kali mirch instead of breaking our heads for a mushroom dish. But finally when the came to add the cashew paste came the gravy looked and tasted so good that I thought if mushroom is added to this it might taste good. We are happy to state it was, infact it tasted really delicious. So though I had been dragging my feet for starting this blog for sometime, this dish just made me want to do it finally:)... I hope everyone enjoys this dish.


Serves 4
Preperation Time : 45 Minutes

Ingredients:

8 Chicken thighs or half kg of any portion of the chicken preferred
1 cup button mushroom quartered or halved
1 tsp fresh Ginger paste

1 tsp fresh Garlic paste
2-3 tsp coarsely ground black pepper corns
3 tbsp oil
3-4 tblsp cashew nuts
1 large onion

1 cup water
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 or more green chillies as per taste slit but still joined at the base
salt to taste
coriander leaves for garnish

Recipe:

Make gashes on the flesh of the chicken so that the marinate will penetrate nicely. Mix ginger, garlic pastes, salt and black pepper to the chicken pieces and marinate for at least an hour.

Boil cashew nuts and onion sliced in about ¾ cup of water. Cool and grind it to a smooth paste.

Heat oil in a kadhai and add the green chilly and then chicken pieces stir-fry for about 05 -10 minutes. Lower the heat and add about quarter cup water. Simmer until chicken is almost cooked.


Add mushrooms and cashew nut onion paste at this point. Mix well, add water if needed or how much gravy you need.

Cook another five minutes and then add lemon juice. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.

No comments: