Friday, September 5, 2008

Aloo Sabzi

Potatoes are one of my favourite foods. And this particular recipe that I am sharing was created because of a smell that I got in our building (I had shared earlier that I love recreating smells that I like or taste). The dish is very very simple at the same time the outcome I am happy to say is yummilicous :)... So here it goes.



INGREDIENTS:



Potatoes: 2 large or 3 medium cubed

Jeera : 1 tsp

Crushed red chilly or paprika : 1 1/2 tsp or as per taste

Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp

Asafoetida : a pinch

Coriander leaves : half a bunch or more again as per taste

Oil : 2 Tblsp

Salt : to taste





RECIPE:


In a non stick pan heat the oil and add asafoetida and jeera. Once jeera stops crackling add the potatoes, add turmeric powder and salt. Stir and close the lid on the pan.


Every few minutes stir so that nothing sticks to the base. When the potato is 3/4 done add the crushed paprika and half the coriander.

Mix well and again close the lid. If you want the potato more crispy add more oil. Once the potatoes are cooked through add the rest of the coriander and mix well. That is it. It is this simple and hardly any spices!

You can try the same recipe and add frozen peas brought to room temperature when the potatoes are 3/4 cooked. That also goes well. You could add crushed few shallots with paprika and cook the same thing and that too comes out well.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Nithya said...

hey this is d one u were telling me abt.. lovely.. i ll try dis